Residential Moving Containers
We provide portable residential moving containers for sale or rent. We have a variety of rental and purchase options to fit your needs with no hidden fees and a flexible delivery schedule. Call us at 1-800-686-9114 for a quick quote or fill out the form on our quick quote page.
Since 1995 Southwest Mobile Storage has offered residential moving containers in a wide variety of sizes for sale and for rental. Southwest Mobile Storage will deliver a steel, portable moving container to your home. Unlike a wooden or fiberglass crate, your contents will remain secure in our steel storage containers. With shipping container moving you may either store the container at your property, or load it and have us pick it up to store at one of our high security storage sites. Once your new home or remodel is ready, we will re-deliver the container. You may keep the container at your site for as long as you need to. Our containers come in 4 sizes and each container includes a standard lock box and high security slide-bolt locking system. Transportation may be arranged with a 24 to 48 hour notice.
Need help with packing and loading your contents? Ask our sales staff, and we’ll be happy to refer you to a local moving service to assist you with your move. Call us today and speak with one of our trained staff of professionals to see just how easy it is to arrange for mobile storage.
- Forgot your lock? Our drivers come equipped and can provide one for you.
- Portable storage containers sit flat on the ground for safe and convenient access.
- Heavy-duty moving blankets are available to protect your furniture and other valuable possessions
- Our residential containers range in length from 10′ to 24′, with options and accessories to meet your individual needs.
- Four container storage sizes are available for storing and moving your household contents:
- 8′x8.5′x10′ for a small home or apartment;
- 8′x8.5′x15′ for a 1-2 bedroom home;
- 8′x8.5′x20′ for a 2-3 bedroom home;
- 8′x8.5′x24′ for a 3-4 bedroom home.
- All storage containers are weather-tight and can be stored at our high security, gated, in-yard storage facilities.
Distribute the weight evenly throughout the mobile storage container. Do not stack heavy items together or accumulate weight on one side or end of the container.
Do not store groceries, vinyl records, candles, aerosol cans, flammables or hazardous chemicals.
We recommend that moving blankets (available for rent) or bedding be placed between large items of furniture.
8′x8.5′x10′ – 4,000 pounds
8′x8.5′x15′ – 5,250 pounds
8′x8.5′x20′ – 6,000 pounds
8′x8.5′x24′ – 7,000 pounds