An ISO shipping container rental is one of the most versatile storage solutions out there, especially for construction companies like yours.
In this post, we’ll look at the 3 most common problems with steel storage containers.
3 Most Common Problems with Shipping Container Rentals
1. Storage Container Broken Locking mechanisms
Oftentimes, used shipping containers can have problems with their locking mechanisms. No matter what you are storing on your construction site, you need to have your shipping container rental be secure.
At Southwest Mobile Storage, we make sure that all our shipping containers come equipped with lockboxes and our Slide Bolt locking system for top of the line security, but in the event that a lock is damaged, we send out trained container experts to repair on-site.
2. Storage Container Odor
Depending on what the shipping container was used to transport, there might be an odor in the container. All of our containers went through a rigorous cleaning procedure and during the coronavirus pandemic, we upgraded our procedure to better protect our customers and staff.
Our process works like this:
- When our customers have finished with their container, it’s brought back to our facility and inspected for damage and cleanliness.
- If any repairs are needed, we wash the container before we begin repairs.
- Once repairs have been completed, we do a second thorough exterior cleaning before bringing the container inside to repaint it (if necessary).
- Placing returned containers directly on our wash rack, before performing a thorough exterior and interior cleaning.
- Using a heated, high pressure power washer to clean the unit before anyone is allowed to touch it.
- Washing the container again before we begin repairs.
- A thorough exterior cleaning before bringing the container inside to repaint it (if necessary).
3. Storage Container Rust
Rust is another common problem with refurbished shipping containers. Rust is a discoloration of a storage container and this can very easily turn into holes. This can jeopardize your contents to thieves, condensation, and pests.