As more businesses embrace working remotely or on the go, mobile offices containers have gained immense popularity. However, to truly harness the potential of these portable workspaces, a reliable and efficient power connection is essential. When your mobile office rental arrives, you’ll want to have it powered and operational as soon as possible. Not connecting power to your mobile office will make working uncomfortable, as you won’t have lights, heat or air conditioning. You also won’t be able to power a computer or connect an internet modem. This will delay your work and limit your ability to communicate with clients, co-workers and vendors. That’s a massive problem for any business.
Advantages of Powering Your Mobile Office
Adding power to a mobile office container offers several advantages. Here are some potential benefits:
Power availability expands the range of possible applications for your mobile office container. It enables using electrical appliances, lighting, heating or cooling systems, communication devices, and machinery or equipment. This makes the container more functional, and also adaptable to different needs.
Mobility and Versatility
Modified shipping containers with power are ideal for temporary setups or situations. They can serve as mobile offices, pop-up stores, construction site facilities, disaster relief centers, and more.
Power-equipped containers can be designed to operate off-grid, utilizing renewable energy sources like solar panels, wind turbines, or generators. This allows for self-sufficiency in remote areas or during emergencies when traditional power sources may be unavailable or unreliable.
Quick Deployment and Setup
Mobile office containers with power can be set up quickly, reducing the time and effort needed to establish a functional space. This is particularly advantageous for temporary installations, emergency response situations, or time-sensitive projects where speedy deployment is crucial.
Scalability and Expandability
Power connectivity allows for easy expansion and scalability, making it possible to create larger facilities or adapt the setup as needs evolve. Containers can be easily stacked or combined to create larger spaces or multiple interconnected units.
How to Connect Power to Your Mobile Office
We want to make using your portable office as easy as possible. With this easy guide, you’ll be able to quickly set up your office container so you can manage your business comfortably and without delay. Learn how to connect power to your container offices correctly by following the simple steps below.
This section will provide practical tips, expert advice, and step-by-step instructions to connect power to your mobile office successfully.
Disclaimer: Only a licensed electrician can connect power to your container office.
Open the Panel Box and Remove the Dead Front
- Locate and open the panel box on the side of your container office.
- Then, remove the two screws on the dead front with a flathead screwdriver.
- Next, pry off the dead front by sticking your screwdriver in the small opening at the bottom and pressing down on it. This will expose the connections that your wires will attach to.
Identify Generator Cables and Accompanying Connections
Firstly, identify the large black cable with four wires on one end from your generator. There will be two “hot” wires: black and red. These wires bring power from the power supply to the load (in this case, our mobile office’s power grid). You’ll also have a white neutral wire, which brings electricity from the load back to the power supply, and a green grounding wire. Important Tip: Do not attach either of the hot wires to the lug on the top right (neutral). Doing this will result in problems for you and your mobile office. If these wires are switched, your air conditioning unit and any other high-draw appliances might not have enough power to function.
- Then, attach the black wire to the connection on the left by sticking it on the top of the lug, as shown in the graphic.
- Tighten the holding screw after you’ve housed the wire to ensure a secure fit.
- Connect the white neutral wire to the top right lug. We didn’t want to connect our hot wires to this one. This wire carries the circuit back to the original power source, completing the circuit. Repeat step 3.
- Attach the last hot wire, the red one, to the connection farthest to the right. Repeat step 3.
- Lastly, connect the green grounding wire to the bottom left lug, entering it from the right. Repeat step 3.
Replace the Dead Front and Close the Panel Box
- Ensure all the wires are connected to the correct lug.
- Close the box by replacing the dead front and the two face screws.
- Then, check that your portable office is providing power to its lights, air conditioning unit, and any other appliance connected to an outlet.
Video: Connect Power to Your Mobile Office
This short video below shows you step by step how to connect power to your mobile office container.
Powered Mobile Offices at SMS
Our cutting-edge mobile office container solutions can effortlessly transform any location into a fully functional workspace. Our mobile offices are equipped with state-of-the-art power systems, providing a reliable and efficient workspace on the go. Whether you need a temporary office during construction projects or a flexible space for remote teams, we’ve got you covered. Boost your efficiency and minimize downtime by choosing Southwest Mobile Storage’s powered mobile offices!
Experience unmatched convenience, versatility, and productivity with our top-notch containers, designed to meet your unique requirements. Need more info? Contact us today or click a link below to read more!